Like many of you, we have just returned from the Chinese New Year holiday. I hope it was a time of renewal for you as it was for me and my family.
Saying no is part of any adult’s professional and personal life, but knowing when or how to say no isn’t always straightforward.
In our work at True Development, we often hear about situations where people feel they should say no but are concerned about the consequences of doing so. A few examples:
● An important customer asks for a heavy discount.
● You are overloaded for the next few weeks and your boss asks you to take on an additional project.
● You are working on an important task when an urgent request for assistance comes in from a colleague.
● A family member asks you for a large cash loan.
● A subordinate asks you to make an exception that is in violation of team standards…..(continue reading)